- Cartref/ Home
- Bywyd Catholig yr Ysgol/Catholic Life of the School
- Catholic Life and Mission
- Our Chaplaincy Team
Our Chaplaincy Team
The children in St Joseph's are encouraged to fully engage in their relationship with God, helping them grow as individuals who fully understand their vocation in life. Many of our children respond to this by expressing their interest in being part of the Junior Chaplaincy Team (JCT).
Being ‘called and chosen’ to serve echoes how Jesus called and chose his disciples; they followed him in a special way by responding to his call to follow (Luke 5:1-11). Our JCT members recognise the importance of their role as they do the same.
The Junior Chaplaincy Team plays a vital role in the spiritual life of the school and is supported by the RE Lead and class teachers. The JCT work closely with the Mini Vinnies Action group, who focus on turning 'Concern into action', Catholic Social Teaching and fundraising for charitable causes.
·To help the school to grow as a community of faith.
·To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
· To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
· To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
· To support the school in its Mission Statement
The role of the team includes, to:
- Support and uphold the school in its Vision and Mission Statement.
- Help the school to be a community of faith, celebrating difference and individuality, whilst promoting the Catholic character of our school.
- Take a lead in showing respect and love for members of our community, who follow other faiths and practices.
- Model behaviour through their words, gestures and actions.
- Encourage pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- Develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Support the celebration of the liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To promote Saints’ days, feast days and solemnities during the school year.
- Play a part in developing strong links with the Parish and community.