Priority has been given to pupils in receipt of Free School Meals, Looked after Pupils and pupils with statement of Special Education Needs.
Please ensure you have read the Breakfast Club Policy located on the drop down menu - "Welcome - Governing Body and School Policies - School Policies"
St Joseph’s are pleased to be able to provide a free healthy breakfast club offering pupils the opportunity to access a Healthy meal before the start of the school day (no charge)
The purpose is to enable pupils to eat a healthy nutritious breakfast before the start of the school day in a pleasant, relaxed environment
The club sessions are held in the dining hall. The school’s lunch kitchen is used to serve the breakfast and wash tableware. Equipment and food are kept in stored lockers. Staff ensure that all areas are left clean and tidy at the end of the session
The healthy Breakfast Club is open to pupils attending St Joseph’s RC Primary School. Priority will be given to pupils in receipt of Free School Meals, Looked after Pupils and pupils with statement of Special Education Needs.
A waiting list will be maintained, should the number of applicants exceed the number of available places. Places on allocated on completion of a Breakfast Club Booking Form. If successful, parents will be informed in writing of the days available to their child. Not all days requested may be available on request. The club is open from 8.00 am. Breakfast is served as soon as pupils arrive. At 8.45am, children will be escorted to their classes where they will be supervised by staff . The child’s details, medical conditions, emergency contact details and addition emergency contact name, address and telephone number are kept in the School Office, which is accessible to Breakfast Club supervisors. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that the office is informed of any contact changes.
- Children must arrive no later than 8.30 am to enable time to eat their food and for staff to clear food and clear up before the start of the school day
- Parents must call the school office if their child is going to be absent from the club, using the usual absence reporting procedures, but making it clear that it is an absence from Breakfast Club
- Places cannot be retained in the breakfast club if children refuse to eat or have already had breakfast in the morning prior to coming to Breakfast Club
- Any child that persistently disrupts the smooth running of the Breakfast Club may forfeit his/her place
- All Hygiene policies will be in place