With the rising numbers of infections, we would like to remind you of the importance of following the correct processes should a family member be required to self-isolate due to showing symptoms of COVID-19 or if anyone in the household is awaiting a test result. Please refer to the FAQ’s provided by the Local Authority, which provides clear guidelines to ensure we keep our pupils, staff and the wider school community safe.
English – https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/covidschoolfaqs
Families are reminded that under no circumstances should learners attend school if they:
- feel unwell, have any of the three identified COVID-19 symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell) or they have tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- live in a household with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Please ring the school to report that your child or a family member is ill.
What do you do if your child develops any of these symptoms?
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild:
- Book them a test online or phone 119
- Inform school that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- Your child should remain in self-isolation
- All other household members should isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
- Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that your child is a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
- Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result