Emergency Childcare Application Form
Form can be downloaded by going to 'FORMS' and selecting 'Downloadable Forms'.
Following advice received from the Local Authority & Welsh Government, the key principles identified within this document are:
- If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
- St Joseph’s Primary School will remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.
- Children deemed as eligible are children whose parents are critical to the Covid-19 response and therefore cannot be safely cared for at home.
Currently Cardiff County Council defines parents whose work is critical and identified as ‘key workers’ to the COVID-19 response are as follows:
- Health and Social Care staff
- Education and Childcare staff
- Public Safety and National Security Staff
This support will be available from 8.30am – 3.30pm daily and this provision is strictly for the children where at least one parent is a key worker and no other adult is available to look after the children. If you are a key worker, but your partner is not, we request you organise other childcare arrangements as the school will not be in a position to accept large numbers of pupils.
Please note that this service can only be accessed on the days when you are working in front line services and remember that this child care service is only used only by parents who provide an essential service.
To support this, Cardiff Council will implement the following:
- Eligible parents can apply for a childcare placement using the application form and submitting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The provision is initially offered for children between Nursery and Year 6.
Please note that children who are vulnerable to the virus or exhibiting symptoms or living with family members who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend any Childcare setting.