ST MARKS CAR PARK
Unfortunately, we have had communication from both parents and St Mark's themselves about their concern as to the way some parents are using their car park.
THE CAR PARK BELONGS TO ST MARK'S, NOT THE SCHOOL. THEY HAVE KINDLY LET US USE IT, AND I FEAR PARENTS WILL BE UNABLE USE THE AREA UNLESS ALL USE THE CAR PARK SAFELY AND WITH RESPECT
It has been reported that recently, parents have resorted to leaving cars along the drive to the Vicarage and blocked in the vicarage and their guests in for up to half an hour at times.
Parents have also driven on the grass in order to get out of the grounds and let their children damage plants and trees in the church grounds.
The vicarage have politely asked if parents using that area could ;
- park perpendicular to our fence
- not park cars in the middle of the drive and thereby block others in
- be respectful of the church gardens
Please ensure that when parking you also:
Follow the highway code when using the road coming on to the site of St Mark’s car park
• Follow guidelines from ourselves about not walking through the car park if on foot, ensure that they supervise their children to our gate and not let them run through the playground between cars
• Follow normal courteous driving/parking etiquette and not block in other cars. If the car park is full try to find a different parking spot
Please remember that parent parking in St Mark's is because of their goodwill. It is not a parent's right.
Thank you for your cooperation